How about some beans noodle soup on those grey, cold days? Here’s my recipe.
- Meat cut in cubes
- Cooked beans (you can use leftovers or canned beans)
- Carrots cut in cubes
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Heat some water in a kettle.
- After cutting the meat, fry it in some olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Slice the onions and garlics finely.
- After frying all of the meat, add onions, garlic and some black pepper and turn down the heat a little bit.
- If needed, add a tiny bit of boiling water to prevent onion and garlic to burn.
- Add beans and more water and turn up the heat to the maximum.
- Wash the carrots, peel them if you like (I never do…) and cut them in cubes as well.
- When the water comes to a boil, add carrots, cover the pan and turn the heat down.
- Let is shimmer ‘til the carrots are soft and the liquid is thick.
- In the end, add pasta and salt.
- When pasta is al dente, taste the soup and see if it needs more salt. If it’s too thick, add some boiling water. If too thin, let it cook without the lid for a while.