Here’s another classic recipe: condensed milk pudding. Here’s how I make it:
- 395ml condensed milk
- 395ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 12 tbs sugar
- Preheat oven at medium/low heat (between 160ºC and 180ºC)
- At a pudding pan, put the sugar and heat it until it melts and forms a caramel, always stirring. Do not let the sugar burn! (If your pudding pan can be used directly on the stove, use a common pan and then put the caramel on the pudding right after, before it hardens. Set aside to cool.
- In the mean while, use the blender to blend together the rest of the ingredients (condensed milk, milk, eggs, vanilla essence) for about 5 minutes.
- Put the liquid on the pudding pan, over the slightly cooled caramel.
- Place the pudding pan on another one with water (bain marie, a technique that prevents the sugar from overheating) and put them in the oven.
- Cook for something between 1:30h and 2h. It will be ready when it becomes firm, rather than liquid.
- Let it cool before putting in the fridge.
- Leave it there for around 8h before serving.
- If you want to serve if off the pan, use a spatule to disconnect the pudding from the pan and then turn the pan over a plate in a sudden movement.